Updated Publication 1345 is Now Available
By Mark Castro, CPA
September 15, 2020
The IRS has posted an updated Publication 1345 (Handbook for Authorized IRS e-file Providers of Individual Income Tax Returns) to their website. It is important that all EROs read this publication to be sure they are complying with all of its requirements.
Here are highlights of the areas that have changed:
- Added information about using some basic security steps to protect taxpayer’s data to the Safeguarding IRS E-File section
- Made changes to reporting security incidents in the IRS e-file Security, Privacy and Business Standards section.
- Updated the Credit and Debit Card Payments section.
- Updated Payment Options section.
- Added Reporting of Potential Identity Theft Refund Fraud to Transmission Section.
- Added information on the addition of 1040X (Amended) returns to the e-file program.